Last week The Honourable Kim Beazley, AC Governor of Western Australia and Perron Institute’s Patron, hosted a reception at Government House to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the Perron Institute. This celebration was attended by
- The Honourable Mark McGowan MLA, Premier of Western Australia,
- The Honourable Amber-Jade Sanderson MLA, Minister for Health; Mental Health,
- The Honourable Stephen Dawson MLC Minister for Emergency Services; Innovation and ICT;Medical Research; Volunteering,
- Dr David Honey MLA Leader of the WA Liberal Party; Shadow Minister for State Development; Energy; Hydrogen; Science; Innovation and ICT; Water,
- Mr Shane Love MLA, Deputy Leader of the Opposition; Shadow Minister for Transport; Mines & Petroleum; Climate Action; Local Government Manager of Opposition Business,
- The Right Honourable Basil Zempilas, Lord Mayor of Perth,
- Along with Western Australian captains of industry, donors, supporters, researchers and University partners
The Honourable Kim Beazley, AC Governor of Western Australia said:
“Perron Institute has been focused on finding solutions for some of the most complex neurological problems.
Our WA scientists have laid the foundation to treat a range of genetic diseases – their achievements have extraordinary global significance.
The technology provides hope and the promise of better lives for children and adults around the world. I would rejoice in any medical breakthrough, but I am particularly proud that these recent ones have come from Western Australia.
Tonight is indeed cause for celebration. I congratulate you all on the wonderful work you continue to do with the Perron Institute, and on your 40th birthday.”
The Honourable Mark McGowan, MLA Premier of Western Australia said:
“The Perron Institute is an incredible Western Australian institution with an incredible record in the field of medical research.
Since it was founded by Professor Byron Kakulas AO in 1982, it is the longest running medical research institute in Western Australia, with forty years of dedicated, essential research across a wide range of areas.
The Perron Institute has made genuine world leading breakthroughs in medical research, but – what we cannot forget, is that the research done by the Perron Institute, has the capacity to change people’s lives when it comes to neurological disorders and diseases. It has the ability to improve quality of life, alleviate suffering and reduce heartbreak.”