Fixed term, Full time, Part time
Opened 413 days ago
Closes 2 September 2022
About the Role
The Finance Manager will work collaboratively as a member of the Perron leadership team to lead the finance function and will assume responsibility for all aspects of strategic and day to day financial operations including timely and accurate statutory, executive and Board reporting, payroll, and leading the annual budget process.
Part-time or full-time (0.8–1.0FTE). This position is initially a two year contract with the possibility of extension, with the flexibility to be either part-time at 0.8 FTE or full-time.
- Ensure effective internal controls, insurances and compliance obligations are met.
- Process transactions (accounts receivable, accounts payable), generate invoices and prepare month-end reconciliations with the support of the Finance & Payroll Officer.
- End to end management of the regular monthly payroll and fortnightly casual payroll, with the support of the Finance & Payroll Officer.
- Manage the accounting and reporting functions for grant income and expenditure and provide support to stakeholders, ensuring financial and acquittal obligations are in accordance with the terms of agreements.
- Preparation of periodic statutory financial accounts and reports and management of audit.
- Maintain records in compliance with Australian Accounting Standards, NHMRC guidelines, ATO, ACNC and other regulatory requirements.
- Prepare financial budgets, forecasts and reports.
- Manage financial reporting to the Board, and Board subcommittees.
- Monitor performance of cost centres against budget and advise where corrective action is necessary.
- Provide information and analyses to enable effective decision-making.
- Support the development of business cases, costing models and evaluation of new business opportunities as required.
- Develop financial strategies and initiatives to achieve business objectives and drive financial performance.
- Responsibility for cash and investment management.
- Develop financial policies and procedures in line with Perron’s requirements.
Skills and Experience
- CA or CPA qualified with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- First rate analytical skills, attention to detail and creative problem solving skills.
- Highly developed organisation and communication skills.
- Demonstrated stakeholder engagement skills, with proven ability to liaise with and develop productive relationships with employees and stakeholders at all levels.
- An advanced level of Excel expertise and experience working with accounting systems (Infinet Cloud and Oracle NetSuite would be beneficial).
- Experience within a research institute, university, or Not-for-profit organisation would be desirable.
Perron offers its employees the following benefits:
- As the Perron Institute is a charitable organisation, we are able to offer salary packaging benefits including up to $15,900 tax free annually (in addition to the tax free threshold).
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Central location.
- Collaborative and positive culture.