Fixed term, Part time
Opened 44 days ago
Closes 31 December 2021
About the Role
We are looking for a Clinical Research Assistant to join our team, providing high quality research support to the Research Fellows for the TONiC study (Trajectories of Outcome in Neurological Conditions). The TONiC study examines the factors that influence quality of life in patients with neurological conditions.
This is a part-time role (3 days per week) and is offered on an initial fixed term until 31st December 2022, in line with current grant funding.
- Monitor the recruitment activities for the study.
- Communicate directly with participants (patients with neurological conditions), including, screening subjects for eligibility, recruiting and consenting participants according to the study protocol and ethics regulations.
- Capture high-quality data through administration of participant questionnaires and clinical assessments.
- DNA and RNA extraction from collected saliva and blood samples and preparing for storage (QC and concentration analysis, adding this information to database) or shipping.
- Data management, data entry and analysis using software such as REDCap and Excel.
- Establish, organise, and maintain all study-related documentation.
- Quality control.
- Assisting with ethics and governance submission and corresponding with the Human Research Ethics Committee (HREC).
- Assisting in the development of research protocols (including clinical research protocols).
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders, health professionals and community groups.