The Perron Institute for Neurological and Translational Science is an eminent WA not-for-profit medical research institute located on the QEII Medical Centre campus, Nedlands. We undertake cutting edge research on a wide range of neurological disorders and conduct specialist treatment clinics. Our aim is to provide a better quality of life for millions of people around the world who suffer with devastating neurological conditions.
We are currently looking for volunteers to help welcome Perron Institute’s patients, carers and visitors to the SNRI building. The volunteers will be based on the ground floor and duties will include:
- Providing assistance and directions to people attending the building
- Meeting and greeting Perron Institute’s patients, carers and visitors in the ground floor concierge area.
- Providing general assistance to Perron Institute’s patients and their carers.
- Assisting with mail and deliveries.
Time and Commitment
We are looking for coverage Monday to Thursday 8.30am – 11.30am and would ideally like volunteers to commit to a minimum of one shift per fortnight.
- All volunteers must have the right to legally volunteer in Australia (Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, New Zealand citizen or a valid visa that allows volunteering).
- There is a requirement for a National Police Check to be undertaken prior to volunteer placement.
No specific experience is necessary – induction, training and supervision will be provided.
Please note that this role will involve standing for prolonged periods.
Parking costs of volunteers will be reimbursed.
Perron Institute has procedures in place to manage the risk of COVID-19.
Expressions of Interest
If you know of anyone that would be interested in volunteering, they can express their interest by contacting Jessica Lafleur on 6457 0312 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by 24th February 2021.