Neurological Research Funding
The Bryant Stokes Neurological Research Fund (BSNRF) provides funding opportunities for scientific research projects aimed at improving the lives of people affected by neurological conditions whilst supporting our Western Australian researchers.
Supported by Sarich family philanthropy
The ongoing fund has been made possible by the generosity of the Sarich family and named in recognition of distinguished neurosurgeon Emeritus Professor Bryant Stokes AO for his contribution to the Perron Institute and advancement of neurosciences research. Read more about the Sarich family funding here.
Focused on Early and Mid-career Researchers
Although all researchers can apply, early and mid-career researchers are a particular focus of this fund. Through a merit-based selection process, overseen by the BSNRF Executive Committee, funds are quarantined for the different career stages: early-career and mid-career researchers, as well as a limited number of grants for established researchers.
Eligibility for funding
The BSNRF supports research projects that meet two objectives: advancing our knowledge of the pathogenesis, diagnosis and treatment of neurological disorders and progressing research along the translational pathway towards the point of delivering benefits to patients with neurological disease. To assess if your project is eligible, read the 2022 BSNRF Guidelines for Applicants
- Applications must be made by a Western Australian administering institution that is a WA university or WA research institute with a registered Australian Business Number
- Lead Investigator must be based in Western Australia but may involve collaboration with national and/or international researchers and/or clinicians.
- Research must be carried out in Western Australia
- Each grant budget must not exceed $100,000
- All grant funds must go to research, none toward institutional infrastructure
- Grants are for one-year duration only
How to apply for funding
Full applications will only be accepted from invited applicants. Final applications will be invited from shortlisted Expressions Of Interest.
Key dates for 2022
Please refer to the BSNRF Timeline for key dates.
For further information or any queries, please email Ann Convery, Executive Officer, BSNRF at email@example.com